Reconditioning of Connecting Rod
For connecting rod reconditioning, following procedure is followed:
- Shot Blasting of used Connecting Rod.
- Cleaning of Connecting Rod thoroughly.
- Magnetic Particle Test of used Connecting Rod for Crack detection.
- Dimensional Inspection of reconditioned Connecting Rod Big end and Small end for taper and ovality after proper torque as specified by the manufacturer.
- Connecting Rods are inspected for straightness on DRDO Machine because any bend or twist in the Connecting Rod may result in oil clearance problem and may lead to a failure.
- A visual inspection of the Connecting Rods for any signs of overheating, If the rod has been overheated, its structural integrity may have been compromised.
- Serrations remachined or lapped.
- Connecting Rod Bigend and Smallend resized as per manufacturer specification.
- Repair of used/ reconditioned connecting rod executed and are approved by Lloyds, Det Norske Veritas, Indian Register of Shipping etc.
We have in-house facilities for reconditioning of connecting rod for all engine model like Wartsila, MAN, MAK, Sulzer, Daihatsu, etc.
For more information, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org